xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Cookies
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cookies

For the past three days Adda has been asking me to make cookies.  She asked her Daddy what kind he wanted her to make.  He asked for something with toffee in it.  She said "Okay you want coffee in your cookie"!  I got on Tasty Kitchen and found this recipe.  We finally made them today.
Adding the brown sugar.
Watching it mix.
Baking Soda
Baking Powder

Adding eggs one at a time.
Vanilla
Oats
Rice Krispies Cereal
Marshmallows
Chocolate Chips
She keeps sneaking the chocolate chips!
Mixing the dry with the wet ingredients.
Folding in all of the oats, cereal, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.

Putting them on the cookie sheet.

  The recipe called for them to be baked on parchment paper, but I didn't have any.  After trial and error I realized they had to be baked on silicon sheets.  

The marshmallow was supposed to melt and mix with the cereal and taste like toffee.  They were good, but next time we want toffee in a cookie I will probably just add some crushed Heath Bar to a chocolate chip cookie batter. 

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'm going to post a cookie recipe with heath bits just for you---and Adda---so she can make cookies with coffee. :) I'm kinda in love with her chocolate chip face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good! I'm looking forward to it. Can't wait to try it! Yes, her chocolate chip face is pretty cute!

      Delete