xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Today we shall CELEBRATE!
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Today we shall CELEBRATE!

Today is a great day for so many reason!  It's Sunday, my house is clean, it's cool and rainy outside, and today is my mamma's birthday!  This lady is a great lady!  Great doesn't even begin to do her justice.  She the best mom I know!  If I can be half as good a mommy to my girls as she was to me, I will be happy!  I wasn't always the nicest to her!  I think back to some of the things I said and thought about her getting all up in my business and it makes me sad.  Being a mom now I wish I had listened to her.  It would have saved me some time, some heartache, and some mistakes!  Today we celebrated her birth.  We celebrated who she is and all she sacrificed through the years to be the mom she was and still is.  I love you so much Mom!  Your not only the best mom in the world, but your the best NanAnn in the world.  We love you so much!

In honor of Mom's birthday we ate cake after dinner!  It doesn't take much for us to have an excuse to eat cake!  I made an Apricot Nectar Cake.  This recipe came from our family cookbook that my Nana made for all of us a few year ago.  I love this cookbook!  She put so much time and effort into it and I will cherish it forever.  This is one of Gonzo's favorites!  In fact tonight he said that he likes it so much it could be his birthday cake!  Usually he asked for a coconut cake, but I guess he changed his mind after eating it tonight.  

 My Nana made copies of the recipes and put them all together in the book.  I love that they have her handwriting on them and are dirty and torn.  
 The ingredients are: lemon cake mix, lemon pugging, apricot nectar, eggs, and oil.  This is a super easy cake and takes no time at all.  You don't even have to use an electric mixer. 
 While its baking you make a glaze with powdered sugar, the extra apricot nectar, and fresh lemon juice.
While its still hot you pour some of the glaze on it.
It was delish!  Gonzo already got into it again before bed.  He will snack on it all week (so will Adda and I)!

Happy Birthday Mom!  Wish you were here to eat Apricot Nectar Cake with us!  Miss you and love you so much!  Hope your birthday was a great day!

Apricot Nectar Cake
Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
Small box of lemon jello (I like to use lemon pudding)
3/4 cups oil
1 cup apricot nectar
4 eggs

Apricot Nectar Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
the remaining apricot nectar
juice of 1 lemon

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and add eggs one at a time.  Pour into a bunt pan and bake at 325 for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes.  Invert onto a cake plate and pour the glaze over the cake while its hot (I like to put half of the glaze on the cake right away, and then let it cool another 10 minutes and put the rest of the glaze over it.  It creates a crust when you do this rather than it all soaking in.)  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment