xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Supermarket Sweep!
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Supermarket Sweep!

Tonight I went to the Arlington Convention Center with my neighbor.  Starting tomorrow through the weekend the Just Between Friends franchise will be selling anything having to do with babies, toddlers, and kids.  This was my first experience with it.  I wasn't super thrilled about going because I never have much luck when I go to those second hand shops.  My neighbor (same one who let me bake my cakes at her house) sells stuff at the Ft. Worth one every year.  She also shops at it and gets everything both her kids will wear for that season.  If you are selling stuff in it you get a bracelet (and one for a friend) to come in the night before it starts to shop.  I got some cash and a "want list" from Andrea to take with me.  She called me before I left and said she imagined it being like the show Supermarket Sweep!  I laughed and thought it might very well be just like that.  She asked if I had my running shoes on and if I had done my stretches!  Ha, this girl doesn't run...besides, I was going to have Ella in the Bjorn and running would not be a possibility with that on.  Patricia (my neighbor) called and asked if I had a plastic bin to bring to put stuff in.  I responded, "You mean like a big bag to carry it all in?"  She said, "Don't worry about it I have a bin we can both use."  I  thought this could possibly be a freaking mad house, with a bunch of pushing and shoving.  Like Supermarket Sweep on steroids! 

I was hoping to hit the jackpot and get Adda some serious Fall/Winter stuff.  I don't need much for Ella because even though she and Adda were born in different seasons my stuff is working just fine.  Well, I am making it work!  I have to get a few things for in between sizes and seasons but the majority of it works perfectly!  Adda has good stuff that I took really good care of and I refuse to let it sit in tubs!

It was nothing like Supermarket Sweep!  We walked in and Patricia said, "Oh, this is a joke compared to Ft. Worth!"  We both went through the sizes we needed to go through and left after about 2 hours.  The best part was we actually got to visit without children tugging at our feet!  I had Ella, but she didn't have much to say except yelling "ma ma ma ma ma" every so often!  When we left Patricia said, "Oh girl, you are coming to Ft. Worth with me in the spring!"  I guess that's the plan!
Here we are ready to go in.  My sidekick and I!  The parking lot was our first clue that it was not going to be anything like the Ft. Worth one!
 There were also several tables behind me. 
 This is my bin!  Quite a jackpot, huh?!
 Here is Ella after our shopping extravaganza!  She was such a good girl! 
 Adda modeling her clothes!  Don't mind her crazy hair!  She and Daddy went to a soccer game and got home after we did!  She needed some good Daddy time!  
 Gap black dress, new with tags, $8.  So cute!

 Gap brown velvet skirt!  $4

 Genuine Baby by Oshkosh corduroy dress!  $6  Adda's favorite color is orange and she was super fired up about this dress!  I knew she would be!

This is the stuff I got for Andrea.
 Gap coat.  It looks brand new!  $14  These jackets they sell each year are between $40 and $60.  This was a good deal!
 Perfect condition brown boots for Leah $4
 Gap tulle skirt with bloomers attached on the inside!  $8
Gap tunic with matching leggings $4  This is so cute!

Overall we got a few good things, but I expected to get lots more.  I decided that I am a little bit of a snob when it comes to second hand clothes.  I feel like if I am going to pay for used clothes then I want them name brand or at least they need to look like new.  I find that the stuff that isn't name brand doesn't look good for long!  I do buy lots of Gap clothes, but I try to get it all on sale.  I wait for them to run their good sales!  I will go back, but maybe only to the Ft. Worth location! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment