xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Oh, Fair New Mexico!
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Oh, Fair New Mexico!

 We love, we love you so.  
Our hearts with pride o'reflow
No matter where we go.
O, Fair New Mexico, 
We love, we love you so,
The grandest state to know
New Mexcio.

If you're from New Mexico and you hear or see the word Hatch you start to salivate.  You start to crave the flavor of a green chile, roasted to prefection and ladeled over stacked enchiladas with a fried egg on top.  You hear the word hatch and you can smell the burnt skin of the chile's as they turn around and around in the roaster, turning from green to black in a matter of minutes.  The word Hatch symbolizes what New Mexico food is all about.  There is a difference between Mexican food and New Mexican food.  The chile pepper is the base of all the flavors of Nuevo Mejico.  Well now that you are all ready to eat some green chile sauce by the spoonful, let me give you a list of recipes that will be posted on the blog in the near future.  
Chile Rellenos
Stacked Enchiladas with Chile Verde Sauce
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Green Chile Stew
Green Chile Mac and Cheese
Green Chile Burgers

Yesterday, I finally bought our half bushel of Hatch green chiles.  They are roasted and put away in the freezer to use for the next few months.  If you are from New Mexico and you are reading this I will eat these for you!  Come on over and enjoy them with us if you want!  Your always welcome at our house!  

 Here is the roaster!
 The smell of them roasting is amazing! 
 Here they come!  When we walked back to the car and he put the box in the car for us Adda said, "Thank you, that was fun!"  Sweet girl!
 Half a bushel...wonder how long these will last us?
 I wore gloves, just in case!  You never know how hot they will be.  I got medium, but that could be hot this year and mild next. 
 I got 15 1quart bags with 6 chiles per bag.  I should get a little over a cup of chopped chiles per bag.  
Yummo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment