xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Chips and Cleaner
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chips and Cleaner

Two things:
#1
I still don't have an over or cooktop!!!!  Because of this I am having to be a little bit more creative (or not creative at all) about what we are eating for dinner.  Oh, and leftovers are for dinner only!  Leftover are not allowed for lunch!  If there are leftovers that means I don't have to fix dinner.  Last night we had brauts on the grill.  During football season if we do something on the grill I always start it and Gonzo finishes it when he gets home.  We also eat dinner much later during the season so that we can eat as a family as much as we can.  So...I got them on the grill and went back inside to clean up the kitchen.  When I went back outside to turn them, the grill was not sizzling.  We were out of propane!  So they stayed on the grill until Gonzo came home with more propane.  Luckily he was home about 10 minutes later.  Adda is pretty "go with the flow" so she didn't notice that we were eating even later than normal.  I took the easy way out for our side dish.  It's no cook and delicious.  These are my very favorite!!!!!


When I was younger (without my mom knowing) I would get home from school and put these chips on a slice of wheat bread with miracle whip.  I would smash them down to crush the chips and enjoy a nice chip sandwich for my after school snack.  I didn't do this everyday, but when I did I enjoyed it!  This snack might have something to do with my "baby got back"!  No, that's just genetics!  I am sure my mom would not have approved of my snack!  I am pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to even get her to try it because she has issues with smashed gooey bread!  She would have gagged, like you might be doing right now! 


Just look at all the goodness inside that bag!  They are crispy, tangy, and delicious!  You can't eat just one!

#2
I have been cleaning parts of my house yesterday and today.  I have to spread out my cleaning or I am a not so nice mama on cleaning day.  You know one step forward, fifty steps back!  On step forty-nine backwards I sometimes begin to scream!  If I spread it out then I am much more enjoyable while I'm cleaning.  Today while the kids were napping I cleaned my kitchen.  I decided to show you some of my favorite cleaning products.  


409 Natural Stone Cleaner!  It smells great, cleans well, and leaves no streaks.  I love it!  Keeps my counters super clean and shiny!!!  You can also use it to wipe down other things in the kitchen without streaks.  Which saves time not having to switch up your cleaners constantly.  I have only been able to find it at Kroger!

Carbona Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner!  So easy to use.  Cleans super, super, super!  Wipes off easy.  If you have a glass cooktop you know that it can be a beating to clean.  This is the best I have found to clean it.  I actually found it at Kroger one day when I was looking for a replacement package of my other cooktop cleaners.  You know the ones you take the sheet that has the wet cleaner on it and put it on the handle to clean.  Don't get me wrong I used to like those as well.  Then I found these.  It lasts much longer than the other and get things off better as well.


It comes with a little sponge you wet and wipe in the cleaner.  Rinse the sponge and put back in the container for next time.  Try it if you can find it!  I am sold!!!  


Another cleaner I love and never run out of is Bar Keepers Friend!  Every time I cook with my stainless steel pots and pans I use this.  (I have also found it in liquid form and didn't like it as well.)  It keep them perfectly clean and looking just like they did when you bought them!  It's a necessity in our house!




No comments:

Post a Comment