xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Party Planning
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Party Planning


Another thing that floats my boat is party planning.  I love to bake, cook, and craft, but coming up with a party theme and planning everything around that theme makes my heart skip a beat!  No, not really but I thoroughly enjoy it!  I say all the time I wish I could do this for a living.  From invites, to food tables, to outfits!  I love it all!  When Adda was about 6 months old I started thinking about what I wanted to do for her first birthday.  I decided on a cupcake theme.  I spent lots of spare time surfing the internet for ideas.  I wanted to do it all.  I wanted to make the cake, and all the other goodies.  It was very fun, but a lot of worked my rear off on that party.  My mom ended up coming the week before and she was a huge help.  With each of Adda's birthday's I have learned how to be more organized so I am not working like crazy all the way to the last minute.  Here are a few pictures of the party. 










Cupcake theme if you didn't already notice.  Cupcake cake pops (that were a huge beating to make), cupcake sugar cookies, and two different kids of cupcakes.

We also had a smash cake for my nephew Abel, who turned one three weeks before Adda.  They were on a family retreat for church on his birthday and none of us were there.  He didn't mind that it was a girly cupcake theme.




I got her tulle shirt at Janie and Jack on clearance for $10 and I have a friend who embroidered her tank top and bloomers.  



Her smash cake was strawberry cake with fresh strawberry buttercream.  


I think she liked it!  Who wouldn't??!!!


It was so much fun planning her first birthday!  I think I have had even more fun planning each of her other birthdays.  I can hardly believe she is 3 now!  I look at these pictures and it makes me cry thinking about how fast she has grown up.  My goal is to take in as much as I possibly can of my kiddos before their next birthday!  Even if you try your hardest to remember every detail you still forget so much! 














No comments:

Post a Comment