xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Here's whats for dinner!
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Monday, August 6, 2012

Here's whats for dinner!

Tonight incoming freshman football camp start.  Tonight we will starting spending a whole lot of time on the football field.  Tonight we will probably not all sit down and eat together.  Tonight we are having one of Gonzo's favorite meals!
Carne Guisada
2lb. Stew Meat 
5-6 tbsp. Fietsa Brand Carne Guisada Seasoning
1 Rotel
If I have green chilies in the freezer I add a good 1/2 cup to a cup-chopped.
1-2 cups of water (depending on how much gravy you want in the end)

I usually don't buy stew meat because it's generally pretty expensive and I like to see what meat I'm getting before it is cut up.  I look for a roast that's on sale and have the butcher cut it up. 

Put it all in the slow cooker and turn it to medium high for about an hour and then turn down to medium low for 6 - 8 hours.  My mother-in-law makes this pretty similar except she doesn't use a slow cooker.  She uses an electric skillet.  Concept is the same, to have it cook low and slow.  Makes the meat super tender.  I have even cooked this in the oven using my Pampered Chef covered Stoneware when I was in a hurry.  Serve it with tortillas, rice, and beans.  I'll post my rice recipe another time.  Enjoy! 

P.S. I realize that my slow cooker is from the Stone Age (not really, but it's at least 15-20 years old)!  I LOVE it because it's not crazy bulky, and the whole thing fits easily in my fridge and dishwasher!  I will CRY like a baby the day it dies on me.  Let's just hope it doesn't quit today!  If you decide to try it let me know how it turns out for you!  This is our version, but I know it can be changed easily! 


No comments:

Post a Comment