xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: 25 Weeks, Almost 14 Months, Almost 4 Years, and Tired!!!
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

25 Weeks, Almost 14 Months, Almost 4 Years, and Tired!!!

My lack of blogging over the past month has not been due to being busy.  We have had a plague running through our house.  The last time I posted I talked about the girls and I getting sick over spring break and just as we were all over it, we got hit again.  I took Ella to the docotor first and she had an ear infection and needed breathing treatments again.  We got an antibiotic (Yes, and Amen!) and I felt like it would only be a matter of a few days before she would be back to normal with meds.  Not so much!  A week later she was no better and Adda seemed to be getting the new mess that Ella had.  I took them both in and Ella now had a double ear infection!  She got a stronger antibiotic and Adda seemed to just have the beginnings of something viral!  I called my doctor that same day because I seemed to be getting sick again as well!  On top of all three of us getting sick twice in a span of three weeks, Gonzo was right in the thick of the worst part of track season!  Two weekends in a row he was going to be gone from Thursday to Saturday.  I was having emotional breakdowns by the minute, literally!!!  At one point I was crying and Adda was rubbing my back and said, "Mom, big girls don't cry and neither do big mommas."  My poor daughter was having to console her broken down big momma!  On Thrusday I called my mom to tell her about Ella's double ear infection and Adda and I getting sick too.  I broke down on the phone and told her I didn't think I could do it anymore and that I was begging for God to give us a break!  Gonzo had a track meet that night in Plano and then was going to be leaving town early the next morning for a track meet in Austin until late Saturday night.  My mom called me back that afternoon and said she was going to come help me for the weekend becasue she had Friday and Monday off.  I think I started crying again when she said that.  She had come up with a plan that she could bring the girls and I back with her to Lovington and then the next weekend Gonzo could pick us up becasue we were going to be coming that weekend for a diaper shower anyway.  As this plan was being worked out on Thursday afternoon I started to see a light at the end of the virus infested tunnel!  

I did snap a few pictures over the course of the three week sickness.  Ella did alot of rocking and sleeping no matter who was willing to do it!  
 Notice Dad is half asleep giving the breathing treament.  He just got back from the three long days of track! 
Also, notice how the mouth piece is not on her mouth.  Dad really was as sleepy as she was!

That brings me to 25 weeks!  On Friday I had a doctors appointment for the twins.  I had plans for someone to come over and watch the girls while I was gone.  I got there at 8:00 and they sent me home becasue the doctor was out for an emergency surgery.  I went home and started calling around for someone to watch the girls while I went back in at 10:00.  I had no luck and took them with me...to the OB...to pee in a cup...to get my stomach measured...and listen to heartbeats!  How does this sound to you???!!!  It was freaking crazy!  I had to wait an hour and by the time we got back to a room  they were both done for.  Ella went into "stranger danger" mode when the doctor came in and started screaming hysterically and clinging to me for dear life.  So, here we are...Adda, Ella, Chloe, Claire, myself, and the doctor shoved in a room with me lying on a table and a child on top of my chest screaming, the doctor trying to hear heart beats on my stomach, and Adda hold her Kindle and staring at the doctor as he was rubbing that machind on my belly!!!  At one point as I am laid back on the table and he is trying to listen for heart beats Ella is choking me and green double ear infection snot is bubbling from her nose and dripping all over my shirt.  I didn't hear anything he said except that he got two heart beats and we would be back in two weeks for a sonogram and a glucose test.  This was not my normal doctor, because my doctor was on vacation, and I'm pretty sure this doctor was wishing he was on vacation as well.  I left the doctor and called my mom saying she couldn't get here soon enough!  From now on I will be that lady with all those kids and people will look at me and think doesn't she know how babies are made!!!!

Here is the most recent belly picture!  My mom watched the girls on Sunday so Gonzo and I could go on a date for my birthday.  This is the best I have looked in three weeks so I decided it was a good time to take a picture!  25 week with twins looks like 39 weeks with Ella!  Yikes!!!

We've had a few other changes in the past three weeks besides the size of my pregnant belly.  Ella is walking!!!!!  I can't tell you how excited I am about this.  It is almost to the point, if not already, that I can't hold her for very long.  Not only does it hurt but there is just no room!  So, the fact that she started walking makes me giddy and probably the twins too!!!  We are almost finished nursing as well!  I probably could have quit by now but because she has been so sick I didn't want to take the breats milk away from her.  We are down to once a day!   

Adda has become the super helper of the year!  She is so willing to help do whatever I need or ask.  Her response when I ask her to do something for me is always a very chipper "Sure!"  She carries a stool all over the house wanting to see what I am doing and how I am doing it!  I told my mom I needed to get a fold up stool for every room in the house just so she doesn't waste time running around looking for the last place she left it!  I'm very thankful for her very willing attitude!  I will need it! 

Last but not least I am tired!  I'm not complaining about being tired, I'm just describing my tiredness!  My mom brought the girls and I back with her and I am just going to chill for a few days!  Sometimes you just need "Home, Sweet Home!"  I hate being away from Gonzo, especially on my birthday, but I needed to get aways from the yellow walls of my living room!  We will see Gonzo on Friday when he drives in for the shower and we are looking forward to it!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jocelyn Middle Name Gonzales! You freakin need a break, sister! Thank goodness for good mommas! ready to see thay belly in person!

    ReplyDelete