xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Twins - 27 Weeks
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Monday, April 15, 2013

Twins - 27 Weeks

Well, I am getting larger and larger by the day now!  My food is starting to come up at various times of the day because my stomach is getting beat around my two babies!  The muscle above my belly button is almost two inches pulled apart now!  I am really close to having to ask Gonzo to shave my legs!  If Adda or Ella stand in front of me I can't see them when I look down!  I have to stand on my tip toes to reach the faucet at the kitchen sink!  I have to stand on a stool to put Ella in her crib (we are going to put the toddler rail on in the next week)!  The stove makes beeping sounds I have never heard before when I stand in front of it!  My belly is hanging out the bottom of every shirt I own, including Gonzo's!

I went to the doctor today and Chloe and Claire look awesome!  So awesome in fact that they both are measuring ahead of my actual week mark.  This really is such an answer to prayers because I have been worrying about twin to twin transfusion syndrome, which is basically where one baby takes more from the placenta than the other and is thriving more than the other.  I read this on the internet!  Never read stuff on the internet!  I wanted to ask the doctor about it at my last visit but with all the screaming and snot flying around the room I wasted no time asking questions!  I ran to my car with all four of my kids as fast as I could possibly waddle!  So, seeing that they are both growing so much and just a little bit apart in measurements was a relief!  It was so neat to see them both so big and active together.  At one point you could see all four feet and they were kicking each other!  Hopefully it was playful kicking!     

I also had to do my glucose test!  Yuck!  I hate having to drink that syrup!  My head always feels like it's going to explode about two hours after I drink that stuff!  Hopefully that test will come back great!  I haven't had any trouble with the other two pregnancies with gestational diabetes!

Up until this point they have not told me what my stomach is measuring!  I've been interested to know if they go by the normal weekly measurements for twins or if there are different measurements!  Sadly, they do not use a special chart for multiples when measuring that belly!  I am measuring in at a whopping 37 weeks right now!  That's just 10 weeks more than what I really am!  Oh, and that's only 3 weeks away from full term!  No biggie!  I can handle this!  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!  Really it's a little bit funny to me!  I'm a little relieved to know that I am measuring as big as I feel!  You can't imagine the noises I make when I roll over in bed, get out of bed, or get up off the floor!  It's pretty unbelievable!  Randomly at night when I'm moving from one side to another I'll hear Gonzo ask, "Babe, can I do something?"  I just laugh to myself and think, "Yes, please come over and roll me to this other side!  And put your back into it!"

I can't really imagine how much bigger this belly will get!  I know it will but I can't really wrap my mind around the actual end result!  I will say this, if I had been pregnant with twins first, we would have stopped at two babies!!!!

Baby A is Chloe!  I learned that Baby A will be born first and we always say Chloe's name first when we say the pair, so we decided that the first one born will be Chloe!  She is weighing in at 2lbs. 12oz, and 14.3 inches long!  She is always on my left side and is still head down!  Chloe is measuring almost 29 weeks!  

Baby B is Claire!  She is also head down now!  Praise the Lord!  I've been praying specifically for them both to be head down at this point!  She is the smaller of the two and is either on my right side or across the top of my belly!  She is weighing in at 2lbs. 7oz., and 13.5 inches long!  My doctor said this was a perfect distance apart in measurements for twins!  Claire is measuring almost 28 weeks! 
     
I'm so grateful to God for how well they are both doing!  I never really worried with my other pregnancies, but I worry with these two.  I think because there are two and I fall under that "high risk" category, and the fact that I am chasing around an almost 4 years old and 14 month old makes me worry just a little bit!  Ultimately there is no need to worry because He has got it all figured out!  No matter what might happen I have to know that it's His plan!  Just like Gonzo and I having a surprise pregnancy and it ending up being twins was in His plan!

I also learned that the likelihood of one or both of them turning from the head down position at this point is very unlikely!  There just is not enough room for them to make that kind of move!  So please pray with me for these babies to stay head down!  I also, asked about them stopping preterm labor!  Obviously at this point they would try to stop it if I started to show signs.  He did say that when active labor hits there really is no stopping it!  We just need to pray for 36 weeks!  I am starting to have Braxton Hicks contractions but because my belly is measuring where it is this is normal!  Please keep praying for these two babies!     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment