xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Long Overdue Update!!!
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Monday, March 18, 2013

Long Overdue Update!!!

Oh my it has been a crazy few weeks around here.  Right before Spring Break (a time I was so looking forward to) Adda tested positive for RSV!  A virus I HATE!  I mean I really can't stand it with a very massively large passion!  It's soooo contagious and I like to think of it as a sticky tar like invisible germ that coats everything around it, just waiting to take down the next victim.  A little over exaggerated, but then again maybe not at all!  I was trying to trust in the Lord that Ella could be spared but was being pretty negative.  A few days later Ella came down with it too!  It was just a little over a year ago that this stupid virus infected both my girls and we ended up at Cooks Children's with Ella at 9 days old!  Do you see my disgust with this RSV junk???!!!  So the whole break was consumed with massive amounts of coughing, snot, breathing treatments, mortin, tylenol, and benedryl!  Oh, and the Nose Frida (my new favorite baby item)!  I had a nice little list of things to get done and work on over that week considering it's my last week off until these other two monkey will arrive!

As of today we are all doing pretty stinking good!  Adda is completely back to normal.  Ella is almost there!  She still has a little bit of a runny nose and will finish breathing treatments tomorrow.  I did end up getting it too and am doing fine besides coughing up lots of junk!  Gonzo of course is just fine!  He credits that to the fact that he pumps it up!  That's his answer to every problem!  Which might be the reason his neck is as large as it is!  I won't be pumping it up anytime soon, but if he wants to take the girls and start them on the iron weights I will gladly send them his way!  Hey, that sounds like a great idea!  I could get some things done during family pump it up time!!!!

One of the other reasons I was so sad to have sick kiddos over the break was because my parents got here on Saturday to help with Lee and Andrea's kids while they were in the hospital with Miriam.  Because I would never want any new baby or their family to go through what we went through with Ella and Adda I have stayed away from the Lewis home all week!  Miriam is here as of 11:00am this morning and I will probably stay away for another week just to be safe!  I'm not kidding about this RSV stuff! I hate when my parents are five minutes down the street and I can't take advantage of time with them! But, better to be safe to not infect anyone else than spread this crap anymore! Although I think we are in the clear around here!!!

Even with sick kids over the break I did manage to get a few things marked off my list. We put some shelving in above my desk in the sunroom! I needed a place to put all by scrapbook/craft/preschool stuff. Adda's closet was where I had been keeping my cricut and all my scrapbook stuff. I also got the hallway coat/linen closet cleaned out. I needed to make space to keep my Mary Kay stuff in that closet. I was also keeping my Mary Kay stuff in Adda's closet! Poor Adda!!! Now her closer is strictly for her (for a few more months) until we add another shelf in it for Ella's stuff! I cleaned out the cabinets in My bathroom that has not been cleaned out since we moved to this house. I had a massive bag of old meds to chunk! The refrigerator and freezer got cleaned out, not because it was on my list but because there was a fowl odor that we couldn't find! It's extremely clean and we are minus a plastic ziplock container due to throwing away the bad black beans inside it! I'll never feel the same about black beans again! Gonzo got the yard cleaned up and ready for planting! We disinfected and cleaned the entire house to get rid of the invisible tar like virus that had infested our walls!

I'm nesting like a wild maniac and ready to get everything in order to add two more bodies to this house! These two babies and I are 23 weeks now and feeling more like 33! I was with Andrea yesterday at the mall (keep in mind Andrea had a baby today) and was asked which one of us was due first! Oh boy!!! What will I look like in 10 more weeks???!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment