xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Guacamole...or Guacamolitto!!!
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Monday, December 31, 2012

Guacamole...or Guacamolitto!!!

Tonight we are staying in together as a family.  We are fixing fajitas and rice for dinner!  Of course the fajitas will be "sunset style" to make them a little fancy for New Years Eve!!!  If you don't know what I mean by "sunset style" scroll back in my blog.  I posted about them a few months ago.  I thought I would post my version of a very good and VERY quick guacamole!  I've had many people ask me how I make it and they are surprised at how easy it is when I tell them.  It's a small bowl because it's just for Adda and I.  Gonzo isn't a huge fan of the avocado!  Isn't that sooo sad!  I just love avocado's! 

My Version of Guacamolitto!
3 - 5 avocados
1 can Rotel - drained
3 - 4 limes (I like the key limes)
Garlic salt
Black Pepper

Slice the avocados in half lengthwise.  Remove the seed from one side.  Use a knife to slice down and across the inside of the avocado shell.  Use and spoon to scoop out the inside of the peel.  Cutting the meat of the avocado into cubes will make the guacamole chunky after it is mixed.  Drain the Rotel and add it.  I only used three avocados so I used about half of the Rotel.  If I had used 5 avocados I would have used the whole can of Rotel.  Add lime juice, garlic salt, and black pepper to taste.  I like lots of lime juice!  I used 3 key limes in our bowl. 

 Here is what they look like when you slice them down and across into cubes in the shell.
 Scooped out and in the bowl.  Still very nice and chunky!

 Yummo!  Sooo good!
 If you like it a little more smooth you can cut he cubes smaller and mix with a fork to smash it up.
 Here is the best secret of all!!!!  Drum roll please!!!!!  To keep your guacamole from turning brown you can press foil down onto the mixture in a bowl.  No over the bowl but pressed down on the guacamole.  It works!!!  I learned this from my sister-in law who learned it from one of the pastors at The Village.  This guy is Hispanic and would know this great secret!  It works! 
 Here is a little better picture showing the foil pressed down on it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment