xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: A Few New Things...
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Few New Things...

Here is my list of a few new things!

1. Cupcakes
I used a new cupcake recipe to make cupcakes for a friend who needed them for a baby shower.  I messaged my cousin, who is in the culinary field, for this recipe.  The problem I have with my cupcakes is they almost always pull away from the liner after baking and they never have a nice round top.  Well, her recipe deserves a round of applause!  It was a really nice batter and baked wonderfully!  I had to trim the sides of a few that I overfilled a bit and tested the scraps!  Delish!  Thanks Lauren!  Glad I have a new cupcake recipe that works!  I also borrowed a new Cricut cartridge from a friend to make the cupcake holders!  They turned out super cute! 



2. Oven
We have a brand spankin' new oven!  That's right, you heard me say it!  After alllllll that mess with the oven, and calling, and calling, and waiting, and waiting, and calling, and calling, and waiting, and waiting, and...well you get the idea!  They called and told me it was a LEMON!  They gave me a dollar amount and said to pick one out from Sears!  The amount they approved was much more than I was expecting because appliances are more now that what we paid six years ago.  I went with a GE Profile to match the new microwave above.  The only thing this one does not have that ours did is a warming drawer.  I think I only used the warming drawer once or twice with the old one.  I really only used it for storage.  I felt like upgrading to stainless was more beneficial than a warming drawer.  Besides, my new microwave has a warming setting on it.  If I really need that feature I can pop it in there to keep it toasty! 
You can see the new cupcake recipe being put to good use!  You can also see Adda with the cookies she baked in her oven on the floor in front.  She was watching the cupcakes!
I was a tiny bit sad to see the old one go.  It was the first appliance Gonzo and I bought together and paid off interest free!  He surprised me with that oven for our first Christmas in this house!

3. Prunes 
Ella ate prunes!  My poor little monkey has been a little stopped up lately!  I decided to make a batch of prune baby food to give her with the vegetable I am feeding her.  It's super easy to make.  All you do is buy a bag of prunes and cover them with water in a pot.  Bring them to a low boil and cover.  Let them simmer until they begin to break up.  Blend with the water they cooked in and add more if necessary.  I am sure some of you are thinking I am torturing my child by giving her prunes.  I love prunes and always have.  My granny used to have a jar of prunes that she kept in the corner of her kitchen that I would raid every time I went over to visit.  She would always laugh and ask me if I really wanted to eat a handful of prunes.  Adda likes prunes.  In fact she ate one before I cooked them.  So, I wasn't thinking it would be a problem for Ella to down a container in seconds.  It also was going to be her first fruit to eat. 
First bite!
 Oh, I don't know how I feel about these!
 Let me taste it again!
 Oh, okay I don't think so!
She gaged and shivered with each bite she swallowed!  After about four bites Gonzo said, "maybe she doesn't really like it!"  So we didn't make her eat anymore!  But, her big sister begged for the rest of the container!  And, I let her eat them!  They are good for you!  Besides, everyone needs to be cleaned out every so often!  About an hour later Adda was running to the bathroom!  About 15 minutes after than she was running again!  About five minutes after that we heard our 3 year old yell from the living room "Oh no, I had diarrhea real bad in my panties!"  Gonzo said, "Is she sick or is this really the prunes!"  I said, "Prunes all the way!"  We tried the prunes again for Ella tonight but I mixed some with her acorn squash and she loved them!  I just gave her about an ounce with her two ounces of squash!   She should be back to normal in no time!

4. Fajitas Sunset Style
Gonzo and I have a favorite restaurant in Ft. Worth!  It's called Mi Cocina!  They have fajitas there that will knock your socks off!  We like to get them Sunset Style!  Meaning: Fajitas layered on rice and queso and topped with fried onions!  Yes, fried onion!  Between the queso on the bottom and the fried onions on top these fajitas will make you want to slap your mom in the face!  (That is a saying that Gonzo says when something tastes really good!)  I would never really slap my mom in the face over these fajitas.  I might grab her cheeks and tell her how I felt about the fajitas, but no slapping!  Anyways, they are sooo good!  I decided to replicate this for dinner on Saturday night!  According to Gonzo these fajitas were delicious!  In fact he said he might want that for his birthday dinner!
 I will post the recipe for my rice later this week!  It's a great and very authentic Mexican rice! 


No comments:

Post a Comment