xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: To The Mom Whose Baby Is Finished With Kindergarten
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Sunday, August 23, 2015

To The Mom Whose Baby Is Finished With Kindergarten

 
Summer is over and routine begins tomorrow bright and early!!  I've read the blogs about all those babies who are starting Kindergarten this year.  I wondered if I would feel any different this year than I did last year.  Would I still be nervous, and on the verge of tears thinking about walking away from the school on the first day?  NOPE, I'm nervous, I keep getting an anxious feeing in my stomach, and I have randomly felt a few tears welling up in my eyes all day today.  So what about the mom whose kiddo is going into 1st grade?!?!  Or, the mom whose baby is starting Junior High?!?!?!  Oh gosh, that's brutal!!!  Okay, here's one...The mom who left her kid at college!!!  Well, I don't think it does get easier each year.  There are new teachers, and new friends, and new things to learn, and a whole boat load of new things to beg The Lord for!!! 

I think back to the day I found out I was FINALLY pregnant with Adda!  I think about the moment I met eyes with her when she was born.  I think about all those naps we took in a quiet house with her balled up on my chest.  I think about the first time she told me I love you mommy, and the first time she walked to me.  I think about all those special amazing moments and realize that it goes so fast.  A very wise godly lady once told me, "The days are long, but the years are short."  Man, is that true or what!!!

When these "first day" moments come and you realize your baby is one year closer to walking out your door, it's easy to look back at all those little things that make you love your baby so much!  You think about all the things you've done or said that could cause them to need counseling later in life!  Oh boy!  You think back to all those blogs you read about all those supermoms who had a whole summer of learning activities and their kids are reeeeady for the next grade level.  Yeah wow!  Then you think about how you've done the best you could do.  And, somehow your kiddo is doing great! 

As my oldest baby is sleeping I am praying several things!
First, that God would make himself so real to her that she would never turn back.
Second, that she would not remember all the rough mommy moments!!!!
Third, that He would protect her heart in everything she sees, and hears.

So, it's never easy watching your baby get a year older and take another step out of your reach.  And, they really aren't even our babies! So truly all we can do is give them right on over to The Lord.  Oh, gosh that is so hard!  I remember my parents telling me all that time that they daily gave me back to The Lord.  I will be the first to tell you that The Lord did some pretty amazing things to get me to this very couch typing this very blog.  I'm beyond grateful that they gave me back to Jesus every single day!  Ultimately, All my hopes for Adda's life rest in His hands!  My only hope is that she would be sold out to Him. 

To all you mommies who are sending your babies off to the next grade just give them back to Jesus!  He is our only HOPE! 

P.S. I can't wait to see all those first day of school pics tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment