xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Starting Preschool
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Starting Preschool

My oldest monkey started preschool today.  She has been so excited about starting that I have not even had the time to think about the reality of her growing up.  We went to meet the teacher yesterday morning and she was a little hesitant about going in the door.  I was totally surprised because this is not her personality at all.  When we got there she realized that Abel (her cousin) was not in her class after all.  I thought about saying something to get them moved together, but then I thought maybe this was how The Lord wanted it to be.  Maybe they both needed to be separate and make their own friends.  So I left it like it was!  She was fine with that and I'm sure Abel was too. 

Last night Gonzo and I were reading through all of the paperwork and folders the teacher sent home.  It was such a reality check for me to read through that stuff because a few of the parent notes were things I had sent home as a teacher.  Things like how to practice sight words, and take home folder procedures.  I found myself wanting to make sure I had everything perfect for her on the first day.  I read that her grapes needed to be cut and she needed to have some sort of dairy in her lunch.  So at 11:30 I went in the kitchen got her lunch out of the fridge and cut her grapes and cubed up some cheese.  I read that the teachers wanted you to take out the notes and paperwork from the left pocket in her folder.  I went back and made sure I had everything pulled out of the left pocket.  When I was teaching it was one of my pet peeves to have notes and work left in the folder after it had been sent home.  It made me think the parents didn't look at their folder for the day.  I didn't want the teachers to think I had not looked in her folder and read the information.  I started to realize that I had been very judgmental about a lot of things that parents did with their kids, especially when life gets crazy - like school starting.  

Reality: I have four kids.  My life is crazy even when school isn't going on.  There will be times that I don't check a folder, or forget to add some dairy to a lunch.  There will be times that they have paperwork unsigned and grapes left whole.  They will be OK.  There might even be a teacher who has no kids and thinks they know everything about parenting who will judge my crazy life, but at some point that teacher will realize they prejudged.  You can't have it all together with four kids.  One kid, you are doing well.  Two kids you are still managing fine.  Add twins to the mix and it all goes to pot!!!!  My kids have crazy hair at times.  I try to remember to cut everyone's fingernails weekly, but usually it's every other.  There are more days than not that we are all in our pj's all day.  Oh, and I never cut grapes (unless they are gigantic)!!!  But, in the end these things don't matter and neither do the things people think.  Spend a second in someone else's shoes.  Having four kids has humbled me like crazy!  I don't have it all figured out and my opinion doesn't really matter!

So this school year will not only be good for Adda because she is getting a little head start before kindergarten, but it will be good for me to relax!  Looking forward to it for all of us!

The cookies she took her teacher.  Although, we didn't realize there were two teachers so Adda told them they would have to share!
 Fixing to head in the school to meet our teacher.  Someone told me today that my stroller was like a van!  Watch out here we come!
 Her lunch for the first day.  See the cheese!  So glad she had some dairy to take in her lunch.
 So excited!


 As soon as you tell Ella to take a picture she starts saying "cheese" without taking a breath! 
 Still saying "cheese"!
 She woke up at 6:30 and put her backpack on.  She had it on until we walked out the door!

 I can't wait to see how they all change on each first day of school!

 Kisses!
 I love this picture!
 Waiting on her "slow" sister to get out of the van!
 Stop taking pictures Mom!
 Waiting on Daddy to pull up!
 Adda's first day of preschool!
 Love my girl!
 She is ready!!!
 Bonus!  We saw Uncle Lee on our way in!

This picture makes me cry!  As I was standing at the door telling her goodbye she turned around and gave me this sweet grin!  She said, "Bye Mom!  Bye Dad!  Love you!"  Thoughts of her turning around and saying that same phrase for the rest of her life started to flood my mind!  I turned around to look at Gonzo and we both were about to cry!  She skipped right in her classroom and we walked away.  I didn't cry there, but when I got to the car I let out a few bellows!  Time goes so fast and is so precious!  My babies are so special and I don't want to waste the time God has given me on folders and lunchboxes!  I love you so very much Adda B.!!!!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment