xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: These Naughty Twins!
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Monday, May 13, 2013

These Naughty Twins!

I went to the doctor on Friday for an ultrasound and found out that in the past four weeks these girls have both flipped and are breech!  I was so shocked and disappointed at the same time.  They were both head down last time and I was so excited and thankful!  More than anything I want to have these two babies vaginally.  If they are not head down (or at least baby A) by 35 weeks they go ahead and schedule a c-section.  Then when you go in on your c-section date they do one more ultrasound to check.  I'm assuming that if they aren't breech at that point they would just induce me and let me do it vaginally instead.  I think once you have had a baby vaginally and know how easy the recovery is you for sure don't want a c-section.  If you talk to someone who has had both, more than likely they will say vaginally all the way!!!  It's a 24 hour recovery rather than a week recovery.  The thought of having to recover from my gut being cut open, with two new babies, learning how to breastfeed two new babies, and having an almost 4 year old and a 17 month old really doesn't sound like a fun plan at all!  So...I'm asking for your prayers!  Please pray with us that these babies will turn back around and be head down.  Please pray that their birth will be a vaginal birth!  Obviously we want what is best for the babies at that moment but my desire is to have them the way I had Adda and Ella!  The doctor said I had plenty of fluid for them to flip back around so I am praying and trusting that God will turn these two naughty little girls around!

 Here they are together.  These are their heads.  Chloe (A) is on top of Claire (B).  They are not exactly breech which would be directly center of your stomach between your two sets of ribs.  They are diagonally breech from the right set of ribs to the left!  Chloe with her feet to my left set of ribs and Claire with her feet to my left hip.  Chloe (A) would hardly let us get any picture of Claire (B)! 

Chloe's profile!  In one month they both doubled their weight and grew in length about 3 inches!  This is fantastic news, but we just want them head down.  Chloe is 4.5 lbs and 17.1 inches long.  
The front of Chloe's face.  
  
Claire's profile!  If you can tell above her forehead is a knee and leg.  That would be her sister on top of her.  She is 4 lbs and 16.4 inches long.  Almost the exact difference between the two of them from 4 weeks ago. 
 The front of Claire's face!

After the sonogram we met with our doctor and he said they are REALLY big for 31 weeks.  I said I was glad that I would rather them be bigger than itty bitty!  He quickly replied that it was good but not for the mommy carrying them!  Ugh!  This totally justifies my hugeness!  He also said there was no need to keep measuring my belly because I was for sure measuring well over full term.  I read today that it's like carrying 4 naval oranges at 31 weeks, so...that means I am carrying 8 naval oranges!
  This looks more like 12 oranges to me!!!  Yikes!

Please pray for Chloe and Claire to turn to the head down position.  I am going to the doctor weekly now and will likely have a sonogram each time.  Let's pray we will see them head down on Friday morning at 8:50 am!  Thanks for praying with us!  We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment