xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Pizza, Pizza!!!
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Friday, February 1, 2013

Pizza, Pizza!!!

Last night we made pizza for dinner.  It's a cheap and easy meal and always gives us leftovers.  I use the Pioneer Woman's recipe for pizza dough.  It's easy and makes two pizzas.  I usually make the dough either that morning or during their nap and let it rise until I'm ready for it.  The nice thing about her dough recipe is that you can make it a few days in advance and keep in the refrigerator.  In fact she says it's better if it has been made ahead of time.  Here is the link to her recipe: Basic Pizza Crust.  Tonight I used leftover spaghetti sauce I had in the freezer for the sauce on the pizza.  It was delicious and added a little more meat!  I always tons of leftover spaghetti sauce.  We eat on it for a few days and then get a little tired of it.  This was a great way to use that last little bit after your sick of the leftovers!
Helping spread the sauce!

 Sprinkling the cheese!  We used some Monterey Jack that I shredded and some pre-shredded mozzarella I had in the refrigerator.  
 Adda's pizza is on the left (sauce, canadian bacon, and cheese).  Our pizza is on the right (sauce, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, peperocini peppers, canadian bacon, and cheese. 

Pizza is a great way to use up extras you have in the fridge.  We have used leftover pulled pork for BBQ pizza which is my favorite! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment