xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: This Chicken!!!
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Friday, January 16, 2015

This Chicken!!!

We tried another new Pinterest recipe.  It was delish!  So good that I can't wait to make it again!
Here is the recipe  
Photo Courtesy of www.nutmegnanny.com
 
I don't usually buy chicken thighs.  It's not that I don't like them, I just usually only have a big bag of frozen chicken breasts and that's what I use for recipes with chicken.  I decided to give this a try because the chicken thighs were on sale at the store and I was intrigued by using the broiler to cook them.  Next time I make it I will probably try it without cracked red pepper and see what the spice is like then.  It was a little spicy for the girls.  I HATE making two meals so I try to adapt it so we all can eat it.  I just told them to give it a good dip in ranch to cut the spice.  Adda loved it!  Ella was sick so she faked like she loved one bite.  I didn't even let the twins try it because the thought of letting them dip in ranch made me shake my head NO!!!  Of course, Gonzo didn't think it was spicy at all!  It was!  He just has burned off his taste buds eating raw seranno peppers.  There was a little of the honey mixture left and we drizzled that over the chicken on our plate.  It seriously was so so so good!  I hope you will try it.  
 
I snapped a picture just as I pulled it out of the oven.  After I basted the chicken with the honey mixture I put it back under the broiler for 2 minutes then basted the other side and did another two minutes.  In the recipe she said that she put hers lower from the broiler but I tried it on the middle rack and it wasn't close enough.  I did mine on the rack closest to the broiler and watched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment