xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' Friday Night Wife: Avocado Birthday!!!!
Four years ago I taught 2nd graders and had for five years. For now the Lord has me staying home with my babies. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I have been married for 8 years to my best friend who just happens to be a football coach. We have four precious baby girls who keep us very busy. I love to spend time with family, craft, bake, cook, watch football, and whatever else comes up. I am hoping to start up a baking business with cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as I am enjoying blogging about it!

Gonzo

Gonzo

My Girls

My Girls

Adda B.

Adda B.

Ella Sue

Ella Sue

Chloe & Claire

Chloe & Claire

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Avocado Birthday!!!!

Ella turned 2 years old last week and in all reality I feel like she should have turned 3.  With our whirlwind of a spring, summer, and fall I feel like we skipped a year for all of us!  More Ella than anyone because she really was a baby that had to grow up and become pretty independent VERY quickly!  In just a few months I weaned her from nursing to potty training!  Yikes!!!  Well...maybe she wont remember any of it!  Hopefully?!?!?! 

For her second birthday we had (drum roll please) an avocado birthday (drum roll abruptly stops)!!!!!  This was not my idea, it was not Adda's idea, and it for sure was not Gonzo's idea!  This was all Ella!  Back in the fall when we went to my parents house for one of our "breather" trips Ella became infatuated with an avocado that was hanging in my parents kitchen.  Here it is!!!
She saw this avocado every time she sat in her seat to eat and she talked about it...a lot!!!  She has a few words she loves to say.  One is NanAnn and the other is avocado.  She especially loves to say those two words together.  Avocado, NanAnn!  NanAnn, Avocado!  That is what she would say from her seat when she saw them.  During that visit to New Mexico she told us that she wanted an avocado birthday.  We laughed and though, no way will she ever remember this when February comes along.  Well, we were wrong!  She reminded us often that she wanted an avocado birthday.  At the beginning of the year I decided that this girls was not going to loose her desire for an avocado birthday party and I had better start looking for some ideas.  I was not going to go above and beyond and kill myself, but I was for sure going to have an avocado birthday cake!!  Here is what I came up with!
 
These are my sugar cookies that I make for every birthday and almost every holiday.  I haven't blogged this recipe, but I might have to.  They are delicious!  The prefect cookie with a powdered sugar butter icing.  
 I made the cake and cookies and I had a friend make the avocados for the top.  I am not good with fondant!  We all know I would not have time to play around and make avocado slices that looked this realistic.  Thank you Crystal!!!  She does great cakes!  Check out her website or find her on Facebook!
Buttercream Wishes
Here is the blog I wrote about using this icing technique.  Scalloped/Petal Icing Technique

 
  So pretty!  Gonzo gave me the roses for Valentine's Day and they looked so pretty on the table for the party!
 Chloe and Claire in green!
   All four girls in green!
 Happy Birthday Ella!!!
 Last year...just the four of us!
 

 Sweet sisters!


 1, 2, 3, Blow!
 Again...1, 2, 3, Blow!
 And Again...1, 2, 3, Blow!!!
 Almost!!!
 
Yeah!!!!  You got it girl!
Here she is with her cake last year!
 Eating avocado birthday cake with Pops!
Here she is eating her cake last year!  She got a face full!
 
Let's open presents!



  What a fun birthday party!  The Avocado theme was pretty cute!  She loved it and probably wont forget it!  That's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment